Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Reading in Seattle tomorrow night!

This Thursday night at 7:00pm, Kathy Fish and Claudia Smith will be reading from the collection "A Peculiar Feeling of Restlessness" at University Book Store. UBX is at 4326 University Way NE.

I wish I could go, but heading south on Friday, plus kickass class Thursday night prevents me. Had I heard more than two days out I could have rearranged my schedule. Oh well...

It's a pretty fantastic little book. Four chapbooks of short short stories by four women. Claudia Smith won Rose Metal Press's first contest for the form. And Kathy Fish's work does an excellent job of describing the circumstantial magic of childhood, often capturing things missed by eyes focused on the American Dream. (This last line taken from my as-yet-unseen review of the book... which was supposed to appear on Her Circle Ezine before the editor decided to jump ship and abandon the site for grad school in Europe. I've been lax in finding a new home to review in.)

And if you can't be there, you owe it to yourself to order this book from Rose Metal Press:
click here to do a good thing for yourself

3 comments:

lynda said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh why didn't I look at this on Thursday instead of on Saturday?

My head could have used a good infusion of literature.

ejcolen said...

Save the date: October 28.

I'm reading in Seattle.

Calvin said...

Hi thankks for sharing this